Sunday, October 24, 2010

Today there was a lot of walking! I first went to the supermarket Tottus to get a SIM card for my cell and after a couple of tries it finally worked. I am now able to communicate around the country! After this, it was Miraflores for a long walk along Arequipa Avenue until the "Miraflores oval". At Parque Kennedy next to the oval they had the book fair and I walked along a lot of locals that were really enjoying this after a couple of years of not having it (it definitely helped that Vargas Llosa just won the Nobel prize!). There were also wonderful paintings at the park and even though I had one that was ready to be bought.... I declined :( I am sure that I won't leave without one though! I then went to calle Porta to check an apartment and I ate at a small restaurant were they served traditional chicken with chicha. This was a different chicha than the one we have in Colombia, but a very tasty one. I am sure I will have more in the future specially if it is as cheap as in this place. While walking back to the hostel I also saw the Huaca Huallamarca, which is one of the sites in the city where traditional native artifacts have been found. The Colombian embassy was also on the way and I was vehemently denied pictures of the sign and a huge wall probably due to security concerns. I still got a picture of the huge flag in midair along with those of Colegio privado San Ignacio de Loyola (same name as my high school) and Empresa nacional de la coca. I met with the people in the apartment that I visited yesterday and hopefully they can tell me if they accept me or not since I need to get a definite place. It is very well located, close to the ministry of health, and has a very large cycle route. My boss will pick me up tomorrow around 9AM... so time for bed!

BTW... al pictures on facebook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment