Saturday, October 23, 2010

I am in Lima

Ok... some of you requested the second version of the blog, so here it is. Even though some wanted it in Spanish I had to decide for the English version :) I know that you can manage with it, right?

I arrived around 4AM at Lima airport after pretty much sleeping the whole flight even though my legs wouldn't fit. The taxi that was supposed to pick me up wasn't available but I found a very nice taxi driver that brought me to the hostal. My room is pretty spacious and even though I have to share the bathroom, it is more than what I really need it. During the day I visited one of the apartments even though the owner or the roommates were not there, and hopefully I get to meet them soon. I thought it was really nice, centric, secure and with a gorgeous view of Salaverry avenue from a 14th floor. I went around the city with my future boss for lunch and drinks and I can proudly say that I have already tasted: ceviche, causas, tacu-tacu, cerveza cuzquena and a couple of pisco drinks. I am now in the hostal waiting to here from a couple of people to go around town and to find a way to get a SIM card. Lima reminds me a lot of Bogota and has looked very nice to me. Everybody has been very helpful and extremely nice to the tall Colombian :) Thanks for all your good wishes and I hope to write constantly

4 comments:

  1. Super feliz!!! Espero que nos sigas contando todo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ojala en este si podas subir fotos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me siento aludida por lo del Spanish... hate u, pero igual te leeré... mandanos el numero de celu cuando tengas pa llamarte de vez en cuando... saludes de los chicos!! un abrazo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mucha suerte! Y espero con impaciencia los cuentos que vienen...

    ReplyDelete