Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Whistle blowing...

Today there was something really interesting about the noise that is always constant in the streets. There were two police officers directing traffic following exactly the turns that the traffic light was giving through its green and red lights. The problem was that they were constantly blowing their whistles to make traffic move and stop. Why? Really why? Why you need to do this whistle blowing even at 9PM sometimes??? or why do cars have to beep their horns all the time even when they know that nothing happens. Yesterday a car kept on beeping it for about 30 seconds because a taxi in front of it was picking up a passenger. Nothing went faster because of his beeping but us pedestrians got a really nice serenade! These are some things that I don't understand, but they go away... I just got a good earful a couple of minutes ago and that is why I remember so clearly.

These weeks have been full of work and I am hoping to have a really nice project by the end of my stay here. The people that I work with are really nice and even though I hope that things will run a little faster, I have to get even more patient. I have been walking still every day to work and on sunday I went to the historic district where Plaza de Armas is located and also to the Art Museum which was really cheap on sundays. The day finished with a great rice with mixed seafood and a large Cusqueña beer that tasted delicious. I just bought my ticket to Cerro de Pasco this friday for a trip to the Stone Forest of Huayllay. They are kind of far, but I have heard that it is worth the trip. I will let you know next week how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment